About META Vocational Services Inc.
META Vocational Services is committed to client-centered employment and vocational rehabilitation services in a team-oriented environment. Our team offers a full range of vocational and employment services.
Our Mission and Vision
META provides employment services to help facilitate a more resilient, vibrant, and ever-changing community. We envision a community that supports competitive and diverse employment for all individuals. We will continue to transform while providing current resources that reflect all facets linked to career goals in order to make that vision come to life.
Integrity / Ethics
We provide honest, quality service while maintaining and adhering to confidentiality.
We provide prompt, courteous and superior customer service.
We are committed to fairness and compassion in our interactions with others.
We support continuous self-development and improvement in our work.
We ensure the equality of all individuals, regardless of ethnic origin, race, gender, age or disability through equal access to resources and services.
We actively engage the community and work collaboratively with other community service providers.
We foster leadership and we use our expertise to influence positive social and economic change.
- Employment service provider for Employment Ontario to assist persons with disabilities
- Approved service provider for Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) Employment Supports
META has been working with employers and job seekers throughout the Quinte Region since 1981.
- META was established in 1979, as a registered charity
- Worked extensively with many corporations in assisting with company downsizing
- Some of the services we have offered in the past include:
- National pilot program to provide Job Finding Clubs for older workers
- Canada Pension Plan, Vocational Rehabilitation Initiative
- Canadian Agricultural Skills Service
- Provincial Labour Adjustment services
- Customized training for First Nations groups
- Comprehensive vocational program for social assistance recipients
What Sets Us Apart
- Client-focused service
- Extensive knowledge of local labour market
- Knowledge of disability accommodation
- Matching employers with an experienced pool of candidates
Board of Directors
Chairperson – Deanna Dulmage
Treasurer – Gord Leverton
Secretary – Rosemary Rooke
Director – Luisa Bowry
Director – Nancy Roberts
Director – Bernie Boucher
Director – Bruce Maitland
Director – Gena Hughes