Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) – Employment Supports
META Vocational Services provides Employment Supports through funding provided by the Ministry of Community and Social Services for those who meet the program criteria. This program provides participants with one-on-one service to support individuals who have barriers to employment and varying abilities. We can offer job coaching, assisted job search, employment preparation, workplace experience placements, support and monitoring. The program is completely voluntary and services are provided at no cost to participants.
To be eligible for this service you must be:
- Apply to the Ontario Disability Employment Supports Program
- Be a resident of Ontario, who is 16 years of age or older, and
- Have a disability that is expected to last a year or more which makes it difficult for you to find and retain a job.
Why should I participate?
Counsellors work one-on-one with you to develop and attain your employment goals by assisting to remove barriers to employment. We can arrange for job trials (placements) and on-the-job training (job coaching) to assist with keeping your job to put you on track to becoming financially independent.
What will the program do for me?
The Employment Supports Program will provide opportunities for paid and unpaid, short and long-term job trials and job placements. This opportunity will provide you with experience and skills required to find your place in the world of work.
Full support from our Meta Counsellors and your ODSP Worker includes:
- Career counselling and employment planning
- Employment preparation and training
- Ongoing communication and monitoring
- Job development
- Job coaching and job maintenance
- Special clothing and equipment
- Assistive devices and accommodation
To apply for the Ontario Disability Support Program contact your local office. In the Durham Region, call and ask to speak to a representative of ODSP:
Phone: 905-665-1030 extension 120
Toll Free: 1-800-722-1196