Growth Opportunities Program (GO)
Growth Opportunities (GO) Program provides employment services through funding provided by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and is offered at no cost to participants. This program is customized for each individual to assist with assessing existing job skills, as well as develop and obtain employment goals. Outreach services are available within the Durham Region.
Do you have a disability which is impacting your ability to find and/or maintain work?
A Vocational Counsellor can help identify and resolve complex issues and/or consider alternative approaches to assist with your return to work. Together with your Vocational Counsellor, you can work to identify existing skill sets to help you develop and obtain your individual employment goals. As part of the assessment process a determination and/or recommendation of workplace changes to accommodate your disability can help everyone do their best work.
Thinking about re-training? Our staff can assess your eligibility for Second Career and if you qualify, help you with the application process!
To be eligible for this service you must have a barrier to employment due to a disability and be:
- Unemployed or underemployed (working less than 20 hours per week);
- Immediately available for work; and
- Be committed and motivated to work.
Why should I participate?
META’s clients receive assistance with developing and obtaining their employment goals, all at no cost. Working with a Vocational Counsellor will assist you to define and work towards minimizing barriers or assist with accommodations to your disability so you can obtain sustainable employment.
What will the program do for me?
- Assessment – as part of the assessment process your Vocational Counsellor will confirm barriers and weigh alternative approaches to help
- Disability Assessment – assist with determining appropriate accommodations
- Career Counselling – guide you in developing and obtaining your employment goals
- Career Transition & Job Search workshops – assist you with identifying alternative career options and strategies to achieve them
- Specialized Assessments – in-depth testing to further assist with determining your career options
- Job Development – will give you personalized support in finding employment and ensuring your skill set is a good match for employers’ needs
- Job Coaching – provides additional support to transition into employment for individuals who face employment challenges